Consultation: Sports Facilities Strategy For Mid Ulster
Monday Mid Ulster District Council are in the process of developing a Sports Facilities Strategy and is now entering a second phase of consultations with interested parties. It is hoped to finalize the Strategy following this consultation period in March and have it published in April 2017.
The Strategy Aim is to develop a strategic framework for the future provision of sports facilities in Mid Ulster District. This identifies the need for provision, and the priorities for investment into sports facilities, informed by evidence of need, consultation with key stakeholders and a supply and demand analysis.
The Strategy Objectives are:
• To identify the existing range of facilities provided at local level in Mid Ulster
• To develop a facility framework reflecting identified current and future community needs
• To develop a set of strategic principles underpinning all future investment in sports facilities
• To recommend priority investment(s) in sports facility provision in Mid Ulster
Do you have any views on how you think the current sports facilities in Mid Ulster could be improved? If you do – then Mid Ulster District Council wants to hear from you.
In order to road test the Strategy, Mid Ulster District Council is holding a series of public consultation events to which all members of the local community are invited to attend. The events will assist in gathering the views and opinions on the current sports facilities and service provision in the area and the opportunities for development over the
next three years.
The events take place on:
- Monday 20th February, 6pm - 9pm, Meadowbank Sports Arena, Magherafelt
- Tuesday 21st February, 6pm - 9pm, Dungannon Leisure Centre, Dungannon
- Wednesday 22nd February, 6pm - 9pm, Cookstown Leisure Centre, Cookstown
The consultation closes on 6th March and you can view the draft document below.
To book your slot at one of the consultation events or to comment on the draft strategy
email [email protected] or contact Eunan Murray on 03000 132 132.