Market Square Dungannon: Improvement Scheme
Work has started on the Improvement Scheme to address pedestrian safety, traffic flow and parking in Market Square, Dungannon.
Northstone (NI) Ltd has been appointed by Mid Ulster District Council to undertake the work, bringing a further £300K investment into the town centre which remains open for business for the duration of the 10 week scheme.
.The work will include:
- alterations to the junction at Irish Street
- a left turn only from Market Square onto Church Street
- a change to the Give Way at the entrance from Thomas Street to assist with pedestrian safety.
- new and improved pedestrian access around and across the Square
- wider parking bays for ease of customer parking
- the addition of a footpath at the Square’s car park and additional car parking in the square when it is not hosting events.
While not responsible for traffic management or roads issues, development of the improvement project has been driven by Mid Ulster District Council in a bid to resolve problems which arose from the first phase of public realm works in the town in 2012 and which have been the subject of on-going complaints from traders and residents.
The 24 hour site contact number during the construction period for any traders or residents who have issues or concerns is 028 9590 5256.
The improvement scheme should be complete by 23 November 2017.
A map showing the extent of the scheme is in the 'related documents' section below.