Community Planning Partners
In Mid Ulster more than 20 partners are working together to deliver Community Planning.
The Council is the lead partner and is responsible for:
- Facilitating, managing and implementing community planning;
- Working collaboratively with our community planning partners and identified support partners to reach consensus on the content of the community plan and publishing the plan.
Community Planning partners include central government departments, the health, education and voluntary sectors and the community itself - in its widest sense.
Our partners work with us to:
- Develop the community plan
- Deliver assigned tasks
- Monitor and review the community plan
- Seek community participation in the community planning process.
In the course of developing the draft Community Plan, we held a series of specific partner engagement events from which themes, programmes of work, strategic priorities outcomes, indicators, measures and governance arrangements, were all established.
Crucial to the community planning process is ongoing engagement with the community itself and we have initiated open nominations from local community groups to the Community Partnership, and will continue to update and engage with the wider community as the plan is agreed and implemented.