• Text Colour:
  • C
  • C
  • C
  • C
  • Text Size: A A A
New phone number

03000 132 132

Contact us »

Making A Complaint About A Councillor's Conduct

The Northern Ireland Local Government Code of Conduct for Councillors (the Code) sets out principles and rules of conduct which Councillors must observe.  If you have evidence that a Councillor or former Councillor, may have breached the Code, you can complain to the Northern Ireland Local Government Commissioner for Standards (the Commissioner). 

The Commissioner is independent of government and the council, and this service is free to complainants. 

You can find out how to make a complaint in the leaflet in the related documents section below or by clicking here. The leaflet also contains information on the Code and the process that applies to complaints received by the Commissioner.

Alternatively, you can obtain a complaint form, further information about making a complaint, and a copy of the Code from the Commissioner’s website here.

Related Documents