• Text Colour:
  • C
  • C
  • C
  • C
  • Text Size: A A A
New phone number

03000 132 132

Contact us »

Work To Begin On £260K Investment in Fivemiletown

18 December 2018

Work is to begin in early 2019 on a £260K investment project in Fivemiletown.

The project will see upgrades to the existing play area at Ballylurgan Road in the village, providing new equipment and seating, as well as landscaping to enhance the play park, and will also fund re-surfacing, drainage and environmental works at the Market Yard in Fivemiletown.

Funding of 75% has come from the Mid Ulster Rural Development Partnership (Local Action Group), with the remaining 25% from Mid Ulster District Council.

Chair of Mid Ulster Rural Development Partnership, Councillor Sean Clarke, stated:

“Through funding from the NI Rural Development Programme, Mid Ulster Rural Development Partnership will be making available £2.15m for capital investment to complete a range of projects across the Mid Ulster District Council area under the Village Renewal Scheme. 

“The partnership approach of the local Council working closely with local communities is the model which brings most benefit to delivering actions identified in the village plans”.

Welcoming the news, Chair of the Council, Councillor Sean McPeake, said:

“The award of this contract to enhance a play park and to make environmental improvements across the village is the latest project to be delivered as part of the overall village renewal funding programme.

“This on-going investment is making a difference across Mid Ulster and now also in Fivemiletown”.

The contractor is Quinn Automatic Ltd and work is due to be completed by March 2019.

This project is part funded under Priority 6 (LEADER) of the Northern Ireland Rural Development Programme 2014-2020 by the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs and the European Union.

For more information on this scheme and the villages included, click here.

News RSS