• Text Colour:
  • C
  • C
  • C
  • C
  • Text Size: A A A
New phone number

03000 132 132

Contact us »

Barking Dogs


If you're having problems with a barking dog, please speak to the owner first before making a formal complaint. The dog may be being left on its own for long periods of time, so your neighbour may not be aware of the problem.

If you're being disturbed by a barking dog, talk to the owner as a first step.

If this doesn't help, contact the Council and we will get in touch with the owner to offer advice about reducing the level of barking.

If the problem continues, we can formally investigate the complaint and, where we believe there is a noise nuisance, we can take action by serving a Noise Abatement Notice.

This notice gives the owner time to deal with the problem. If that doesn't work, the owner may face prosecution and a fine.

Related Documents