Small Events (i.e. Street Parties)
In order to be considered a ‘small event’ where the administrative cost of the fee is waived, a determination will be made (based on the application) on whether the event is a small, local, neighbourhood event where people attending are not from outside the applicant’s street (e.g. street party) or immediate neighbourhood. A ‘small event’ should meet the following criteria : (please note this list is not exhaustive)
- Be held on minor residential roads e.g. cul-de-sacs or side streets.
- The proposed road to be closed must not have a bus route along it.
- Not have a car park located on it or a car park which is accessed via the road to be closed (other than a car park for residents’ of the road)
- Not be publicised for the general public and therefore will not draw in people from the wider area.
- Be an event which would apply to the residents of one or two streets only and not to larger areas of the district/borough/city. It is up to the District Council to consider factors such as the proposed attendance figures etc when making its decision on whether to grant an Order.
- Finish by 11pm.
- Not have a stage built from which entertainment would be provided.
- Not have amplified entertainment which may cause nuisance to the wider area.
- Not have fireworks, pyrotechnics or bonfires on the street.
- Not have alcohol or food sold at the event.