Confused about plastics?
It’s a hot topic at the moment but recent research has shown that many people are unsure about what to do with all the different types of plastic. It may explain why 20% of our black bins still contain plastic items that can be recycled.
|Want to be plastic fantastic? Here’s how.
- Use less plastic to begin with!
- Avoid single use water bottles. You can join NI Water’s ‘Refi llution’ if you’ve got the bottle! The campaign is encouraging everyone to refill a reusable water bottle from the tap, cutting plastic pollutionand saving you some cash too.
- Instead of buying plastic bags for shopping, carry a hessian, cotton, woven or jute bag.
- Consider food packaging and choose loose fruit and veg when you’re shopping.
- Pick any one, make the switch and you’ll be making a difference.
- And when you do have plastic waste, recycle as much as you can through your blue bin.
Plastic drinks bottles
Plastic milk cartons
Plastic meat & fruit trays
Plastic shampoo & shower gel bottles
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or download the Bin-ovation app to have recycling and waste information on your phone.