Skip to main content

Register a birth

To help reduce the number of people coming in to the building and the amount of time spent in the office, we would ask that you download the Birth Registration Form.

You can complete the form online or you can print out the form, complete by hand and return it to the office, either by scanning or taking a photo of it and emailing it to our registration office, or by posting it to the registration office in either Cookstown, Dungannon or Magherafelt (addresses below). 
If you do not have access to a printer please contact us and we can post a form to you.

When we receive your completed form you will be contacted by phone and given an appointment.


When coming in to register the birth, please be aware of the following:

  • If married, only one parent should attend, if unmarried and wish to include the baby’s father’s name, then both parents need to attend.

  • Please bring the baby’s red book given by the hospital

  • Please bring a form of ID with you

  • If you have COVID-19 symptoms DO NOT attend the appointment but please contact us and another one will be re-allocated to you at a future date.

If you have any queries, please contact our Registration Office:
T: 03000 132 132
E: Registration Office

Our Registration Offices

Registration Office, Burn Road, Cookstown BT80 8DT

Registration Office, Circular Road, Dungannon BT71 6DT

Registration Office, Ballyronan Road, Magherafelt BT45 6EN

A to Z of Council Services