Knockloughrim Windmill is positioned on the outskirts of the village of Knockloughrim situated on high ground.
The mill was locally known as “Palmer’s Folly” after its builder. The sails were destroyed by a great wind in the 1890s. Since then the building has had a number of uses including the meeting place for the local 'Orange Order'. It fell into disrepair and lay derelict until the early 1990s when a group under the leadership of Rev. Fred Munce decided to refurbish the mill.
Magherafelt Visitor Information Centre
6 Church Street
Magherafelt BT45 6AN
T: 028 7963 1510