We're working to become a Fairtrade District
What is a Fairtrade District?
- A place where our shops and retail outlets offer Fairtrade products, like tea, coffee, sugar, bananas and chocolate
- Where we choose to support farmers and workers in developing countries to receive a fair price for their goods by buying products which carry the Fairtrade mark
- Where we meet together as a community to promote Fairtrade and encourage the use of Fairtrade products.
What Can You Do To Make Trade Fair?
- We can all choose to use Fairtrade products
- If you’re a retailer, restaurant or café owner, you can stock Fairtrade products
- Community groups can switch to Fairtrade Tea and Coffee for their meetings and run Fairtrade Coffee Mornings etc to raise awareness
- If you’re a business, big or small, consider using Fairtrade tea and coffee for your meetings and in your staff canteens
- Join our steering group to raise awareness of Fairtrade and help Mid Ulster achieve its Fair trade district status.
Keep up to date with Fairtrade news and events in Mid Ulster.
If you are a business, organisation or individual and would like to know more about Fairtrade in the area please complete the form below.