We collect your personal data:
- Face to face contact with Council officers who you interact with
- When you apply for a job with us
- When you attend our premises for a specific purpose and provide your details
- Through the submission of data online or via email or email
- Submitting planning and building control applications
- Registering births and marriages
- Submitting complaints
- Working in partnership with us
- Emergency planning
- CCTV covering our property and land
- Via enforcement action
- Registering food and business premises with us
The personal data may be held in paper and electronic format, but will always be managed in a safe and secure manner.
Some areas of our website require you to actively submit personal data in order for you to benefit from specific features, such as our range of online services, for example, email, online forms or online payments. You will be informed at each of these personal data collection points what data is required and what data is optional.
Some of this personal data may uniquely identify you, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, but we will only collect the personal data it needs.
Personal data may be gathered without you actively providing it, through the use of various technologies and methods such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and cookies. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), so you can access the internet. We collect IP addresses for the purposes of system administration and to audit the use of our site. Each time you log onto our site and each time you request one of our pages, our server logs your IP address.
Although we log your session, it will not normally link your IP address to anything that can enable us to identify you. However, we can and will use IP addresses to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our rules or terms of service or to protect our service, site, users or others.
We use 'strictly necessary' cookies for things like:
- Online forms and payments, searching the council minutes and agendas system, session cookies so our pages work properly. We use google analytics cookies to help us understand how users engage with our website. They also allow us to see which features are most popular and make them better, and remove the features that nobody uses. We would find it difficult to analyse how well our website was performing and improve it without these cookies.
These cookies don't collect any information that could identify you – all the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve how our website works. The 'analytics cookies' for recording things like:
- The number of visitors to our website
- The type of device used to access our website such as PC, mobile phone or iPad
These are considered non-essential cookies. If you do not accept cookies, these will be disabled.