We, the Council (Data Controller) use your information for various statutory and legitimate reasons e.g. Providing and selling goods and services.
We may share your data with other vital partners e.g. contracted to carry out public tasks that we work with or partner with from time to time (as described in more detail in the 'Who will we share your information with?' section below).
|The Council will use your information to carry out various local authority services and duties, including:-
- To carry out Building Control and Licensing Functions;
- To carry out Environmental Health Functions
- To Process and administer the Planning Function
- To carry out Tourism and Event functions
- To carry out Arts and Cultural services
- In the promotion, Marketing and Communication of Council activities and services, inform you of other relevant council services and benefits, respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service
- For Human Resource functions, including recruitment & administration
- To perform Democratic services (includes Council Committee management services, performance management, policy diversity and equality).
- To carry out internal Legal Services function
- To carry out financial service and transactions.
- Provide and deliver products and services you request
- Operate and improve our Sites, products, and services
- obtain your opinion about our services e.g. Ask you to take part in research and surveys used to measure our performance and improve our products, services and customer experience
- To provide you with a public service in compliance with its legal responsibilities
- Contact you by post, email or telephone e.g. to •update your records
- Prevent and detect fraud and corruption in the use of public money including the National fraud Initiative(NFI)
- Ensure we meet our legal obligations
- For law enforcement functions, for example, licensing, planning enforcement, trading standards and food safety where we are legally obliged to undertake such processing and •where the processing is necessary to comply with legal obligations, for example, the prevention and/or detection of crime
- To assist us in responding to emergencies or major accidents. This allows us, in conjunction with the emergency services, to identify individuals who may need additional help and support.
One of the benefits of being part of, for example, our marketing database is that we can show or send you information about Council and public information and events that are relevant to you by various channels, including online. We do not use automatic processing to carry this out.