Skip to main content

Councillor Allowances

Councillors are entitled to allowances which are paid by the Council.

The main allowances which may be payable to a councillor are:

  • Basic Allowance

  • Special Responsibility Allowance (SRA)

  • Dependants’ Carers’ Allowance (standard/specialised care rates)

  • Travel and Subsistence Allowance (also payable to committee members)

  • Chairperson/Vice Chairperson Allowance

Councillor Allowances

2014 - 2015

Find My Councillor

Find out who your local councillors are and how to contact them.

Search now >