Enrolment for the next series of swimming lessons will open on Wednesday 22nd August 2018 at 8am.
Online bookings can be made from 8.00 am on the day enrolment opens. Full payment must be made at the time of booking. You must be a member of the Leisure Centre to enrol on a course.
Please ensure that you enter the correct details and have selected the correct course when booking as refunds cannot be given for bookings made online.
We strongly advise that you complete the registration process well in advance of the enrolment day if you have not already done so.
- Each child must be registered individually under their own name.
- You can use your own email against them for all children.
- Input child’s card number and answer security question, and hit register. These steps must be completed for each child separately.
- You will then receive an activation link by email, following this you will need to create a password straight away, (please write down password). You will need to use this password on the morning of online enrolment.
- Please create the password immediately, otherwise your registration will de- activate
The link for online enrolment is below.
Once logged in:
- Click on Courses
- Choose Site – Cookstown Leisure Centre
- Choose Activity – whichever level you want
- Choose Start Month – Enter month lessons commence
• No Mobile Phone Booking. Due to the system used, all booking must be completed on an alternative device.
• Each child must have their own login.
• **Registration must already be activated at time of registering.**
• Each course booking will need to be done as separate card payment. (no card charge).
Click here to complete the registration process and book online.
Over the phone bookings will be taken from 9.00am on Friday 24th August 2018. Full payment must be made at the time of booking.
Please test your login prior to this date and email us on the address below if you have any issues.
To find out more or to book contact the centre on 028 8676 3853, E: email@example.com
||What will you learn?
|Children will learn to swim without aids, water confidence and body position, alternating leg action front and back, safe entry to the pool. On successful completion, children can move to Level 2.
||Children who can swim 2 metres or who have completed Level 1
||Children will learn submersion and breath control, breast stroke leg action, front and back paddle and water confidence. On successful completion, children can move to Level 3.
||Children who can swim 5 metres on their front and back or who have completed Level 2
||Children will learn safe entry and exit to the pool, retrieval of an object from the bottom of the pool, stroke technique for front crawl, back crawl and breaststroke. On successful completion, children can move to Level 4.
||Children who can swim 10 metres on their front and back using a recognised stroke or who have completed Level 3
||Children will learn straddle entry to the pool, forward somersault, dolphin leg action and treading water. On successful completion, children can move to Level 5.
||Children who can swim 15 metres on their front and back using a recognised stroke or who have completed Level 4
||Children will learn surface dives, butterfly arms, correct finishes and stroke technique. On successful completion, children can move to Level 6.
||Children who can swim 25 metres using two recognised stroke or who have completed Level 5
||Children will learn a reaching rescue, bilateral breathing, poolside diving practices and survival skills. On successful completion, children can move to Level 7.
||Children who can swim 50 metres using three recognised stroke or who have completed Level 6
||Children will learn sidestroke, competitive turns and plunge dives.