Brown bins are for food and garden waste
Garden waste including grass cuttings, leaves, cuttings and prunings, shrubs and weeds, twigs and branches. Along with all food waste including diary, fish, fruit and vegetable peeling, meat and bones, tea and coffee grounds and egg shells can be recycled through your brown bin.
*We collect one brown bin per property. If you would like to have a second brown bin collected, there is an annual charge of £50.*
- Meat and fish
- Vegetables and fruit
- Cold ashes
- Uneaten food from your plate
- Bread, cakes and pastries
- Rice, pasta and beans
- Tea bags, tea leaves and ground coffee
- Grass cuttings
- Hedge Clippings
- Flowers and prunings
- Shredded paper
We don't accept:
- Animal or pet waste
Using a kitchen caddy?
- Dispose of food waste in your kitchen caddy
- When full, transfer the food waste to your brown bin
- To keep your caddy clean, you can line it with kitchen paper, newspaper or compostable liners
- Rolls of compostable caddy liners can be purchased from Council recycling centres and Council depots for £1 per roll.
Check your bin collection day.
Please leave your bins at the kerbside by 7.30am on collection day.