Our Equality Scheme is a statement of our commitment to fulfill the statutory obligations in compliance with Section 75 and Schedule 9 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998. This Act places a duty on us to promote equality of opportunities and good relations.
An equality scheme outlines the public authority's arrangements for:
- Assessing its compliance with the duties under section 75
- Assessing and consulting on the likely impact of policies on the promotion of equality of opportunity
- Monitoring any adverse impact of policies on the promotion of equality of opportunity
- Publishing the results of such assessments
- Training staff
- Ensuring and assessing public access to information and services provided by the public authority
We will also respond to requests for further details. Information will be made available, on request, in accessible formats such as Braille, audio formats and large print. The information will also be provided in minority languages. If you need any more advice, please contact us.
Annual Equality Progress reports are available on request.