A lot of people pay for home energy that's wasted because their home is not as energy efficient as it could be.
You could be eligible to apply for help with a range of energy efficiency measures.
The Affordable Warmth Scheme is free of charge for eligible owner-occupiers
Landlords will be required to contribute 50% of the total cost of installation of energy efficiency improvements in their property in private tenant/landlord situations
- In order for private rented properties to avail of this scheme the landlord must be registered with the Landlord Registration Scheme=
Am I eligible for the Affordable Warmth Scheme?
You are eligible if:
- You own your own home or you rent from a private sector landlord
- You have a total gross annual household income, including all benefits, of less than £20,000
- You are in a ‘targeted area’ (you will receive a letter if you are in a targeted area and can also check by using the contact details at the bottom of the page)
If you are eligible:
A member of the Council’s staff will call at your home to complete a short survey. If you’re not in, they’ll leave a card and you can call to make an appointment.
All our staff have identification badges and if you would like to check their identity, you can use the contact details at the bottom of the page.
Once completed, the survey is sent to the Northern Ireland Housing Executive (NIHE).
In 6-8 weeks, the NIHE will be in touch with you to complete an assessment of what energy efficiency measures are most appropriate for your home.
What energy efficient measures are available?
Priority 1: Insulation, Ventilation, Draught Proofing
- Installation or topping up of Loft Insulation to 275mm: Roof/Loft/Eaves ventilation
- Provision of hot water cylinder jacket: Draught proofing of doors/windows
- Installation of cavity wall insulation: Removal and replacement of ineffective cavity wall insulation
Priority 2: Heating
- Provision of natural gas or oil central heating where no central heating exists:Conversion of solid fuel/LPG/economy 7 to natural gas or oil
- Conversion of economy 7 to high efficiency electrical storage system: Boiler replacement/system upgrade for householders over 65, or who have a child under 16 years of age, or who receive disability living allowance and where an existing central heating boiler is at least 15 years old
Priority 3: Windows
- Replacement of single glazed windows: Repair or replacement of double glazed windows that are defective
Priority 4: Solid Walls
For further information and advice contact:
Affordable Warmth Co-ordinator
T: 03000 132 132